Prohibit Update.

Content and general development discussion, including maps, quests, and server code from the development team.
Katalas
Newly Registered User

Prohibit Update.

Post by Katalas » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi,

I dunno if it's good category, sorry for that.

This is my problem : I'm developping a themanaworld server but i don't want to update my client.
How to disable updates ? Or how to connect to another update FTP ? (Like my website ?)

Thanx,
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Prohibit Update.

Post by Crush » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Starting the client with the command line parameter -u will skip the updating. But to be able to play you have to give the client a source for the content files.

One way to do this is to put them in a local directory and point the client to this directory using the -d command line parameter.

You can also configure your server to point the client to a different URL to download the updates from, but unfortunately I don't know how to configure this.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jaxad0127 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:35 am

The updates are just for world data. The client itself doesn't get updated this way.
Katalas
Newly Registered User

Post by Katalas » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:12 am

Hello people,

I have make my own update server, it's not really hard. For moment, i just don't know how to place files by patching the client, but i think i'll discover how.

This problem is resolved, thanx !