Money stats

Content and general development discussion, including maps, quests, and server code from the development team.
User avatar
Kage
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 927
Joined: 02 May 2009, 19:12

Money stats

Post by Kage » 02 Aug 2010, 22:47

These are some statistical data for the money in TMW after the purge:

The stats for player held money is:
Sum = 943769940
Count = 21205
Mean = 44506
Simple Variance = 590008189457
Standard Deviation = 768120
Lower bound = 0
10th Percentile = 32
20th Percentile = 50
Q1 = 50
30th Percentile = 50
40th Percentile = 50
Median = 50
60th Percentile = 199
70th Percentile = 1108
Q3 = 2444
80th Percentile = 5299
90th Percentile = 22581
Upper bound = 54359738

The stats for bank held money is:
Sum = 535072257
Count = 3503
Mean = 152746
Simple Variance = 2839719426985
Standard Deviation = 1685147
Lower bound = 1
10th Percentile = 50
20th Percentile = 161
Q1 = 462
30th Percentile = 993
40th Percentile = 1000
Median = 2648
60th Percentile = 6000
70th Percentile = 14537
Q3 = 23678
80th Percentile = 35408
90th Percentile = 101581
Upper bound = 59683165
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
User avatar
Acegi
Novice
Novice
Posts: 112
Joined: 07 Aug 2009, 03:44

Re: Money stats

Post by Acegi » 03 Aug 2010, 13:52

Just for some perspective this is the zeny stats on the 7th of Jul 2010 09:26:32 AM
Before the Candor, Evil Obelisk, ferry charges and bat drops devaluations.

Parsed a total of 63124 lines in save/athena.txt

The stats for player held money is:
Sum = 1018423832
Count = 63124
Mean = 16133
Simple Variance = 162353594116
Standard Deviation = 402932
Lower bound = 0
10th Percentile = 45
20th Percentile = 50
Q1 = 50
30th Percentile = 50
40th Percentile = 50
Median = 50
60th Percentile = 50
70th Percentile = 101
Q3 = 290
80th Percentile = 875
90th Percentile = 7220
Upper bound = 53730097

Parsed a total of 3382 lines in save/accreg.txt

The stats for bank held money is:
Sum = 766561624
Count = 3382
Mean = 226659
Simple Variance = 10977809456005
Standard Deviation = 3313278
Lower bound = 1
10th Percentile = 50
20th Percentile = 174
Q1 = 499
30th Percentile = 996
40th Percentile = 1000
Median = 2663
60th Percentile = 6000
70th Percentile = 14854
Q3 = 23650
80th Percentile = 35368
90th Percentile = 101000
Upper bound = 130567807
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
User avatar
Big Crunch
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 1047
Joined: 16 Dec 2009, 23:52

Re: Money stats

Post by Big Crunch » 03 Aug 2010, 19:45

can we get a listing of the top money holding players?
sexy red bearded GM
User avatar
Acegi
Novice
Novice
Posts: 112
Joined: 07 Aug 2009, 03:44

Re: Money stats

Post by Acegi » 03 Aug 2010, 19:55

There used to be a lot of stats actually but that's been taken off. Supposing the info for top richest players were shown there will always be players who hide their money through one way or another (casino coins, mass "mule" accounts etc).
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
User avatar
Kage
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 927
Joined: 02 May 2009, 19:12

Re: Money stats

Post by Kage » 04 Aug 2010, 00:32

Acegi wrote:Just for some perspective this is the zeny stats on the 7th of Jul 2010 09:26:32 AM
Before the Candor, Evil Obelisk, ferry charges and bat drops devaluations.

Parsed a total of 63124 lines in save/athena.txt

The stats for player held money is:
Sum = 1018423832
Count = 63124
Mean = 16133
Simple Variance = 162353594116
Standard Deviation = 402932
Lower bound = 0
10th Percentile = 45
20th Percentile = 50
Q1 = 50
30th Percentile = 50
40th Percentile = 50
Median = 50
60th Percentile = 50
70th Percentile = 101
Q3 = 290
80th Percentile = 875
90th Percentile = 7220
Upper bound = 53730097

Parsed a total of 3382 lines in save/accreg.txt

The stats for bank held money is:
Sum = 766566241
Count = 3382
Mean = 226659
Simple Variance = 10977809456005
Standard Deviation = 3313278
Lower bound = 1
10th Percentile = 50
20th Percentile = 174
Q1 = 499
30th Percentile = 996
40th Percentile = 1000
Median = 2663
60th Percentile = 6000
70th Percentile = 14854
Q3 = 23650
80th Percentile = 35368
90th Percentile = 101000
Upper bound = 130567807
These stats are useless because the purge removed 60% of accounts. Most of which held only 50 gp. So while this would make the total sum of money go down quite a bit. It also means the mean goes up.

Personally I would like to run the stat weekly to get a better idea of what is going on. Even so we can graph the change.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
User avatar
Acegi
Novice
Novice
Posts: 112
Joined: 07 Aug 2009, 03:44

Re: Money stats

Post by Acegi » 04 Aug 2010, 01:57

Ah that's a very good point. Would the graphed stats be public too? It'd be interesting to see how each (*cough* money sink) update affects people's wealth.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
User avatar
Kage
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 927
Joined: 02 May 2009, 19:12

Re: Money stats

Post by Kage » 04 Aug 2010, 03:35

Acegi wrote:Ah that's a very good point. Would the graphed stats be public too? It'd be interesting to see how each (*cough* money sink) update affects people's wealth.
Not really up to me, but if I had my way, yes, it would be
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
DarkWater
Novice
Novice
Posts: 422
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 20:03

Re: Money stats

Post by DarkWater » 07 Aug 2010, 16:56

Could be post the money stats every month?
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
User avatar
Kage
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 927
Joined: 02 May 2009, 19:12

Re: Money stats

Post by Kage » 10 Aug 2010, 02:29

Stats for Aug 9th, 2010

Code: Select all

Parsed a total of 21655 lines in save/athena.txt

The stats for player held money is:
Sum = 891596991
Count = 21655
Mean = 41172
Simple Variance = 506299943624
Standard Deviation = 711548
Lower bound = 0
10th Percentile = 31
20th Percentile  = 50
Q1 = 50
30th Percentile = 50
40th Percentile = 50
Median = 50
60th Percentile = 193
70th Percentile = 1075
Q3 = 2355
80th Percentile = 5170
90th Percentile = 22019
Upper bound = 53960022
                                                                                                                                                                                 
Parsed a total of 3527 lines in save/accreg.txt                                                                                                                                  
                                                                                                                                                                                 
The stats for bank held money is:                                                                                                                                                
Sum = 534332170                                                                                                                                                                  
Count = 3527                                                                                                                                                                     
Mean = 151497                                                                                                                                                                    
Simple Variance = 2827493638180
Standard Deviation = 1681516
Lower bound = 1
10th Percentile = 50
20th Percentile  = 153
Q1 = 445
30th Percentile = 965
40th Percentile = 1000
Median = 2629
60th Percentile = 5966
70th Percentile = 14213
Q3 = 23089
80th Percentile = 35000
90th Percentile = 100094
Upper bound = 59683165
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
User avatar
Acegi
Novice
Novice
Posts: 112
Joined: 07 Aug 2009, 03:44

Re: Money stats

Post by Acegi » 10 Aug 2010, 12:13

Can these stats be automated and posted on a regular basis in the same way as http://server.themanaworld.org/gm/? I'm thinking that this would allow people who are interested in doing so to "draw a graph" of the economy. I can see a blog/website emerging that compares these stats with events/updates.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
User avatar
Kage
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 927
Joined: 02 May 2009, 19:12

Re: Money stats

Post by Kage » 11 Aug 2010, 00:09

Acegi wrote:Can these stats be automated and posted on a regular basis in the same way as http://server.themanaworld.org/gm/? I'm thinking that this would allow people who are interested in doing so to "draw a graph" of the economy. I can see a blog/website emerging that compares these stats with events/updates.
Ask Jax
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Money stats

Post by Jaxad0127 » 11 Aug 2010, 06:05

Kage wrote:
Acegi wrote:Can these stats be automated and posted on a regular basis in the same way as http://server.themanaworld.org/gm/? I'm thinking that this would allow people who are interested in doing so to "draw a graph" of the economy. I can see a blog/website emerging that compares these stats with events/updates.
Ask Jax
Write something to do it automagically.
Image
User avatar
Acegi
Novice
Novice
Posts: 112
Joined: 07 Aug 2009, 03:44

Re: Money stats

Post by Acegi » 24 Aug 2010, 12:39

What are the money stats now?
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
User avatar
Kage
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 927
Joined: 02 May 2009, 19:12

Re: Money stats

Post by Kage » 24 Aug 2010, 14:07

8-24-10

Code: Select all

Parsed a total of 22613 lines in save/athena.txt

The stats for player held money is:
Sum = 831407974
Count = 22613
Mean = 36766
Simple Variance = 363944569224
Standard Deviation = 603279
Lower bound = 0
10th Percentile = 30
20th Percentile  = 50
Q1 = 50
30th Percentile = 50
40th Percentile = 50
Median = 50
60th Percentile = 172
70th Percentile = 1042
Q3 = 2116
80th Percentile = 4753
90th Percentile = 20692
Upper bound = 53329637

Parsed a total of 3572 lines in save/accreg.txt

The stats for bank held money is:
Sum = 553503597
Count = 3572
Mean = 154956
Simple Variance = 3352904795590
Standard Deviation = 1831094
Lower bound = 1
10th Percentile = 50
20th Percentile  = 153
Q1 = 439
30th Percentile = 933
40th Percentile = 1000
Median = 2648
60th Percentile = 6000
70th Percentile = 14213
Q3 = 22750
80th Percentile = 35000
90th Percentile = 100000
Upper bound = 59683165
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
User avatar
Freeyorp101
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 711
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 10:17
Location: New Zealand

Re: Money stats

Post by Freeyorp101 » 24 Aug 2010, 14:18

Should now be running on a daily basis.

http://server.themanaworld.org/moneycount/


---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Post Reply