We should have wands in the mana world

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
triggs
Peon
Peon

We should have wands in the mana world

Post by triggs »

We should have wands cause they could increase intelligence or magic level (like 10%-20%)
--J Triggs
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Re: We should have wands in the mana world

Post by Leela »

That is supposed to be a good argument for putting a new item in the game?

how to build an argument:
1st: Introduction
2nd: Reasons and examples, Pros / Contras
3rd: Conclusion
Example:
(1)Wands should be in this game (2) because people like to stick them into their noses. For example I saw Leela with a stick in her nose and she said "this is my wand". Wands have many uses, like making holes in the ground, poking people, and chewing on it while concentrating.
(3) All these things show clearly that wands in this game are needed.

Your turn triggs.

cu around
Leela
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Actually not a bad idea. I see two potential paths.

First a straight stat bump, +5 or so int and a reduction in casting time.
second option would be a number of 'chambered' spells.

In either instance the player would have to craft the wand. In the case of the first, it could be differentiated by white and black majesty. Sagathawould require live wood (loghead) and it would require a random number, along with some aspect of an evil creature, a Jacko soul along with several other items. For the dark it should require a random number of Druid branches along with some mix of dark items, monster points and money paid to the evil well.

The second scenario could require the crafting of the wand ie random amount of wood along with whatever component of the spell you are attempting to imbue the wand with. Iron powder, sulphur, lifestones etc. To recharge it you would only pay the spell components and some cash. You could use the wand regardless of int, but it would cast at int level at which it was imbued.

Just my thought.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Good news or bad news.

Good news first, it would be easy to do, heck even could do it with current sprite set.

Bad news, magic is already broken, continuing to ride that dead horse would boarder on insanity.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

DarkWater wrote:Good news or bad news.

Good news first, it would be easy to do, heck even could do it with current sprite set.

Bad news, magic is already broken, continuing to ride that dead horse would boarder on insanity.
Could you define broken in this context? I've been a mage since level 26 and it's served me well enough.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

yourmistakes wrote:Could you define broken in this context? I've been a mage since level 26 and it's served me well enough.
So you have went from level 26-?? using only magic? You never did a stat reset to fight has an archer or warrior, only mage? Leveled only using magic? You can not do it. You cant go from lvl 26 to anything using only a mage. You have to have a warrior or archer, or change stats. You have to use a archer and warrior to collect items or money for your mage. You cant even finish all the magic quests with out using a high level warrior.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

i didn't completely retire my bow until level 76, but yeah, i stayed the course as mage. at level 82 i reset to warrior for 2 levels, and at level 92 i reset to warrior for that grindarific terranite quest.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

yourmistakes wrote:i didn't completely retire my bow until level 76, but yeah, i stayed the course as mage. at level 82 i reset to warrior for 2 levels, and at level 92 i reset to warrior for that grindarific terranite quest.
You only used a mage from 76? You did not use an alt to collect items and money, then trade that with your mage?
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

DarkWater wrote:
yourmistakes wrote:i didn't completely retire my bow until level 76, but yeah, i stayed the course as mage. at level 82 i reset to warrior for 2 levels, and at level 92 i reset to warrior for that grindarific terranite quest.
You only used a mage from 76? You did not use an alt to collect items and money, then trade that with your mage?
I'll vouch for him on that. I supplied him with supplies. He made money trading.
sexy red bearded GM
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Big Crunch wrote:I'll vouch for him on that. I supplied him with supplies. He made money trading.

Wow, I am not sure anyone else can do that.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

DarkWater wrote:
Big Crunch wrote:I'll vouch for him on that. I supplied him with supplies. He made money trading.

Wow, I am not sure anyone else can do that.
He's the first i've known to basically be a mage only through 90+ levels
sexy red bearded GM
Arphetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Arphetic »

Imagine the whine he must have received...
bcs86 wrote:This game is a long way from looking like something people could take seriously.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

ok there are some balance issues between the ways of playing right now already (meaning between warrior, mage, archer)
Now add a wand that helps the mage?
At least it would be a MUST to add things for the other two (archer and warrior) to help them too.
Also I would not put a +5 or +whatever on intellegence, that would make people go for 99 and then equip the wand to get over 99 on int. This is unfair.

But what I could see (ignoring the game balance for a second)
Taking Big Crunch's idea a bit forward:
you would for example get a faster mp refill when the wand is equipped (there is something similar on the game terranigma for snes), but there would be a certain item you have to use with every spell you cast while using the wand. I don't know if that is possible at all but i think that would be fair.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.