Mana client's new 'on hover info box'

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Mana client's new 'on hover info box'

Post by nmaligec »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post. If it isn't, please let me know and move this to the appropriate place.

I noticed a new 'feature' in the recent nightly builds of the mana client. A text box appears when you mouse hover over an npc, pc, or mob. It looks nice but ultimately I think it clutters the screen and is useless.

clutter:
1. When targeting a mob with the mouse, the new box gets in the way of attack animations.
2. It is larger than it needs to be (I think I read somewhere that this was already the minimum size and it couldn't be made smaller)

distracting/disorienting:
3. It follows the mouse as you move, that is just plain annoying to me.
4. It is sometimes sluggish and lags behind the mouse movement
5. Blinks on and off as you move around with the mouse, especially if there are a lot of 'hover-able' objects around or are near the edge of an object.
6. Can be finicky trying to hover over small or oddly sized objects.

useless:
7. At the moment, all it displays is the being's name. You already see this listed below them.
8. The right click can give more info and is activated ONLY by a conscious decision from the user.
9. The contextual mouse cursor already designates something you can interact with.
10. It doesn't pop up for items on the ground. This is the one time it would be useful...

If it just didn't activate on mouse hover, or was fixed in place it would be less distracting. I rather just have the combination of right click menu, contextual cursor, and static name display below the client. Maybe there are more plans for this that will make it more useful, but please think of the clutter and distracting factor.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Mana client's new 'on hover info box'

Post by Bertram »

Hi everyone,

AFAIK, there is no plan concerning the being hover info box fine tuning.

It would be great when you (Yes, I mean you, the one reading the post.) to tell us what would be the best expected behaviour desired there, and we'll try to follow the most wanted/relevant requests.

Best regards.