Can't connect to remote host

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
SamHu
Newly Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 12:22

Can't connect to remote host

Post by SamHu » 24 Aug 2011, 12:41

I suddenly can't connect to remote host. I don't know why? It works yesterday?
Your sever address may be blocked by our national firewall, since I am playing it in China.
However, I hope not. Because, that will be quite difficult to play it again.
SamHu
Newly Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 12:22

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by SamHu » 24 Aug 2011, 12:43

Besides, only the German sever is still available for me.
User avatar
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 8046
Joined: 25 Aug 2005, 17:08
Location: Germany

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by Crush » 24 Aug 2011, 13:08

Moved from Feedback to General Support.

As you can read on the main page http://themanaworld.org/ the server is offline since 12:03 GMT.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.


You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
User avatar
Nard
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1113
Joined: 27 Jun 2010, 13:45
Location: France, near Paris

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by Nard » 24 Aug 2011, 13:37

SamHu wrote:I suddenly can't connect to remote host. I don't know why? It works yesterday?
Your sever address may be blocked by our national firewall, since I am playing it in China.
However, I hope not. Because, that will be quite difficult to play it again.
Please be patient. administrators are doing their best to bring it back. This is an open source project .
Look at the status on the TMW welcome page http://themanaworld.org/ :)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
User avatar
Alige
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1398
Joined: 09 Jan 2010, 20:22
Location: Weed Island

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by Alige » 24 Aug 2011, 14:35

It seems this game can be very... "disturbing" if not working right away, goodness sake.
Image
User avatar
Big Crunch
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 1047
Joined: 16 Dec 2009, 23:52

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by Big Crunch » 24 Aug 2011, 14:40

Ali-G i dont think that they are being impatient, i just believe they want to make sure that its not an error on their part or some isp issue.
sexy red bearded GM
User avatar
Alige
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1398
Joined: 09 Jan 2010, 20:22
Location: Weed Island

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by Alige » 24 Aug 2011, 15:25

Big Crunch wrote:Ali-G i dont think that they are being impatient, i just believe they want to make sure that its not an error on their part or some isp issue.
You're probably right. I just can see that people react a bit too quickly, they should wait a bit before worrying.
Image
User avatar
Big Crunch
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 1047
Joined: 16 Dec 2009, 23:52

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by Big Crunch » 24 Aug 2011, 15:29

Ali-G wrote:
Big Crunch wrote:Ali-G i dont think that they are being impatient, i just believe they want to make sure that its not an error on their part or some isp issue.
You're probably right. I just can see that people react a bit too quickly, they should wait a bit before worrying.
As i said. If they believe it is an issue with them rather than the server, they would act quickly to resolve it rather than assume it is the server and wait forever for it to be fixed when they could have taken the initiative and fixed it.
sexy red bearded GM
User avatar
Villain
Novice
Novice
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:59
Location: California

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by Villain » 24 Aug 2011, 17:09

http://www.greatfirewallofchina.org/ind ... aworld.org

Now we wait to see how old the backup is.
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho
User avatar
Piateluca
Novice
Novice
Posts: 190
Joined: 19 May 2011, 02:50

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by Piateluca » 24 Aug 2011, 19:14

we are so addicted :mrgreen:
User avatar
jessyb03
Peon
Peon
Posts: 83
Joined: 28 May 2011, 08:30

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by jessyb03 » 24 Aug 2011, 21:48

I guess all that's left to do is wait. And yes, this is addiction, hehe.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
joebob2011
Newly Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 15:01

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by joebob2011 » 24 Aug 2011, 21:54

But how long do we have to wait? And how come it's offline in the first place? Are we doing an upgrade? Did the Server Get Hacked????? Well those are my question.
amarant24
Peon
Peon
Posts: 28
Joined: 28 May 2011, 08:55

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by amarant24 » 24 Aug 2011, 22:15

joebob2011 wrote:But how long do we have to wait? And how come it's offline in the first place? Are we doing an upgrade? Did the Server Get Hacked????? Well those are my question.
This isn't Sony Playstation. I doubt they got hacked. Maybe they're simply updating... they do this every once in a while.
joebob2011
Newly Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 15:01

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by joebob2011 » 24 Aug 2011, 22:21

amarant24 wrote:
joebob2011 wrote:But how long do we have to wait? And how come it's offline in the first place? Are we doing an upgrade? Did the Server Get Hacked????? Well those are my question.
This isn't Sony Playstation. I doubt they got hacked. Maybe they're simply updating... they do this every once in a while.
Lol yeah, this is my first time to go through a downing, and it comes just right when I have a lot of time on my hands
Zel Rai
Peon
Peon
Posts: 22
Joined: 23 Aug 2011, 23:51

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by Zel Rai » 24 Aug 2011, 22:30

amarant24 wrote: This isn't Sony Playstation. I doubt they got hacked. Maybe they're simply updating... they do this every once in a while.
I very much doubt that the dev-team for any open source project would set themselves up for such a deliberate form of epic fail. Also Sony's epic fail is one of a kind in another sense, if any other IT firm/company had "lost secure control of 8,000,000+ credit card numbers and their pertinent billing info ...", they'd be permanently defunct. :roll:

All we need do is wait. Maybe unexpected good things will happen.
Post Reply