a little piece of music i made

Content and general development discussion, including maps, quests, and server code from the development team.
Pajarico
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Pajarico » 26 Apr 2006, 06:20

Crush wrote:i think that it should be possible to get such generic sounds from public domain sources.
I knew of a public domain repository with nature sounds but the sounds were at a low resolution and didn't sound right. If you have any link let me know.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Techsetsu
Peon
Peon

Post by Techsetsu » 21 May 2006, 08:46

Sorry for the one-month bump, but I live on a farm and could make some field recordings. My mp3 recorder can't record any higher quality than 128kps mp3 though. :(

I really hope to buy a high-quality sampler soon.

P.S. Although purely acoustic music isn't my forte, I could try and whip something up maybe. :oops:
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey » 21 May 2006, 09:25

Before someone comments about how TMW doesn't use mp3s but oggs keep in mind they can be converted :roll:
All your base are belong to us.
Techsetsu
Peon
Peon

Post by Techsetsu » 21 May 2006, 19:56

knivey wrote:Before someone comments about how TMW doesn't use mp3s but oggs keep in mind they can be converted :roll:
True. I'd have to convert them to wav temporarily to master them anyway so I could easily export them as .ogg.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim » 28 May 2006, 01:29

Sound Dogs is GREAT for royalty-free sound effects.

Earlier in this thread you mentioned live artists recording our music. Whether we have old-school or new-school music that should be a great idea. From your wording I inferred that you had not thought of recording each element of each song separately... the high part of a song played by a resident flutist combined with the low part played by a resident bassist combined with the percussion played by a resident drummer, for example. I think this would be an efficient method. Surely we have somebody who can splice these separate tracks well. In converting our songs to real-life instrumentation, I suggest great variance in the selection of instruments. I.e., put in uncommon instruments like a harmonica, didgeridoo, or jew's harp.
Xephys
Peon
Peon

Post by Xephys » 30 May 2006, 22:32

I might try making my own music for a bit of fun. :)
To eat or not to eat, that is the question!