Denomination!? :(

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
OnymA
Novice
Novice

Denomination!? :(

Post by OnymA »

I want denomination!

or atleast that GMs are used only for a limited time like 1 year, after that they should be renominated
*wool producing*
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Denomination!? :(

Post by Crush »

Moved from GM Community Suggestions to Player Talk, because the GMCS Forum is not for meta-discussion.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Deimheucadh
Novice
Novice

Post by Deimheucadh »

its is stupid idea, if you want to be a GM, claim it, we will poll for you if you are decent player.
Sunako
Peon
Peon

Post by Sunako »

I think that would open up a whole can of drama every year, or month, or however often the re-nominations are held.

--Sun
Sunako loves third person, but not third wheels.

I strongly believe in giving credit where credit's due, so ...
Original avatar art created by Arithmetician on PixelJoint
-- http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/2741.htm
and further edited/cropped by Sunako.
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

I actually agree with this request, because say a GM is 'elected', sometimes power goes straight to their head and they even slightly abuse their powers, or mix the game and real life and abuse players ingame, even if unintentional it's still irresponsible. This would open up a little more, and even make the players have /more/ power (elect/impeach). and I do agree that after a GM is a GM for x amount of days/years they should have a re-election, and of course all the elections would still go through the GHP obviously it would make the game definitely more interesting.

-BBB
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When a game master abuses his or her power, please report it to the GHP. We already removed game masters for irresponsible behavior and we would do it again when there is a good reason to believe that they do.

What would happen when we would have a GM impeachment process by popular vote like we do for the nomination? Game masters are in a position where they inevitably must make enemies. Every botter, spammer, insulter etc. who was punished by a game master has a grudge against them. When these people would see a way to take revenge by making the GM lose their position, they would do it. So what would they do? They would spread bad rumors about the GM. It doesn't matter if they are true or not, when you spread a rumor enough, everyone will believe it. Then they would ask for an impeachment vote for things the game master has never done, but everyone would think they did. So they will vote against a game master who did nothing but his or her duty.

No matter if this strategy would be successful or not, giving people an incentive to slander game masters and destroy their reputation would make the game masters work and their social life in the game very difficult.

When you have a complaint about a game master, just tell us. It isn't in the interest of the GHP to have any black sheep in the GM team.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.