Goodbye.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Goodbye.

Post by Platyna »

Dear All.

As I have been kicked off the project I have managed for 7 years (with support of those who despite the fact they are, since many years, inactive still make decisions) and considering all the slander and insults (I was accused of DDoS, called names and banned) I have received, I have decided that I am leaving TMW.

For those who don't know me, as I was mostly doing silent work, I am one of three original TMW administrators (the only one who was active all these years). I was a content developer, I have managed the server, I was a head of GM team and I have managed the forums - as these are duties of community administrator. I have set all rules and I was adjudging arguments and debates. And I have helped to advertise TMW and create a great, unique community (which is the only reward for my work that cannot be just taken away). I was suddenly removed from my own team, because I refused to give developers GM privileges as I was convinced that along with forums powers this would basically give them absolute power over you.

I have also decided to not run a separate server - I don't have a time to start over just by myself and I cannot risk that again, after many years someone will just take away my work and kick me out.

I am sad seeing TMW being left in hands of people who lack basic morals, as it is the end of TMW we knew. ElvenProgrammer started this project, so he may now destroy it, it is his immanent right.

Goodbye.

PS.: I would like to ask that no one from "Impeachment Committee" post here, respect my request (if there is anything you can respect at all) and at least refrain from the propaganda and whitening yourself in this thread.
Last edited by Platyna on 29 Mar 2013, 17:06, edited 4 times in total.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Goodbye.

Post by Matt »

:(
cookie monster
Novice
Novice

Post by cookie monster »

sorry about what happened. :( :'( i think you SHOULD make a new server and start over, but this time make GM bots so they can do anything to you, just for the lolz :P

-cookie
GARRETTtheGREAT
Novice
Novice

Post by GARRETTtheGREAT »

Thanks for everything, Platyna. Best of luck to you with your other endeavors.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Thanks Platyna

I would like to present you, in my name and in the name of all Crew of Red Corsair members a great thank you and our best whishes for professional success and self fulfillment:
Thanks to have hosted and supported this project for a so long time.
Thanks to have borne our requests, insults, whines, begs and other trolls.
Thank you to have been able to take fast decisions when it was important to take them.

In my name:
Though I think you have a part of responsibility in the issue ( may be you could try to take some more time to understand others), and though the disagrement I could have, I am deeply sad about such a dramatic ending. As I promised before and the move, I will go on supporting Platinum, as far as I can do it without penalizing the other organizations I help.

I find the formula a bit cold but:

Respect and regards,

Nard
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Nard wrote: In my name:
Though I think you have a part of responsibility in the issue ( may be you could try to take some more time to understand others)
Well, I underestand that overwhelming propaganda is hard to resist. Of course it is my fault that my work has been took over and I was kicked out the team I have created. If I agreed to everything they demanded I would be still an admin, but I had the good of the project and the community on my mind rather than my own.

Regards.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

I found TMW under your watch as it were, and if it did not have such good hosting might have gone undiscovered to me. Having read though some of your posts and content on your personal site (as I also slowly leveled in game :mrgreen: ) will remain one of the stepping stones on the path of my embracing OSS philosophy. Thank you.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Does this mean we're never going to have that drink and sexytimes? :(
Head of the TMW Illuminati
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

MadCamel wrote:Does this mean we're never going to have that drink and sexytimes? :(
Hmm, considering everything, you might've mixed up the plural and the singular in that sentence.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

I'm very sad to hear that :cry:

I miss words, but anyway i think i've already told you what i thought.

One last time, Thanks Platyna
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

I have a lot of strong feelings on this and I wasn't sure how to say it, but Nard said it so perfectly, I will just quote him instead. I appreciate everything you did for TMW, and I recognize that without your care, hosting, and admin for many years, there would probably have been no TMW today. Platyna, I wish for you great success and happiness in everything you do in life, may everything bring you joy, whether it's studies, computers, or cats. :mrgreen:
Nard wrote:Thanks Platyna

I would like to present you, in my name and in the name of all Crew of Red Corsair members a great thank you and our best whishes for professional success and self fulfillment:
Thanks to have hosted and supported this project for a so long time.
Thanks to have borne our requests, insults, whines, begs and other trolls.
Thank you to have been able to take fast decisions when it was important to take them.

In my name:
Though I think you have a part of responsibility in the issue ( may be you could try to take some more time to understand others), and though the disagrement I could have, I am deeply sad about such a dramatic ending. As I promised before and the move, I will go on supporting Platinum, as far as I can do it without penalizing the other organizations I help.

I find the formula a bit cold but:

Respect and regards,

Nard
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Thank you for everything, Platyna. I'm sorry that it had to end this way and I hope to see you again around the internets sometime :P
Good luck with your life and your studies! :)

TMW Team member

Hrvoje
Peon
Peon

Post by Hrvoje »

Did you by any chance also rest on the seventh day?
me noob, hev het?
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

So many politically correct answers...what are you so afraid of? Most of you had completely different views on the situation in private.

Regards.
Hrvoje
Peon
Peon

Post by Hrvoje »

Why are you leaving?
me noob, hev het?