R.I.P Chi Cheng

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

R.I.P Chi Cheng

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Rest in peace to Chi Cheng, Bassist from the band Deftones.

Here is a small story behind why I'm sharing this specifically.. The story is touching and thought I would share it for people who might not know much about the Deftones since it was shared with me.

The Deftones recorded an album and put it out in 2003 but the record label cancelled their tour that year and told them to make a new record because the new one didn't sell enough..Things got tense and the band members weren't getting along. They recorded stuff by sending each other it through mail..weren't in the same room together. Song by them "Hole in the Earth" is a song about how much he hates his band members. The songs were unhappy and dark. They get together after the tour and the manager asked them if they wanted to stay together and they all said yes and they hugged. They all decided they wanted to fix things between them..they all had bad things going on with their families at the time, with their wives and such. They decided to record a new album, even build a place in the studio so they can spend time together when they aren't recording, they were spending time playing pool, talking through their problems, their divorces. In the middle of this when they were healing their wounds and fixing their friendships Chi drove to a funeral. On the way back he crashed into a tree on November 4th 2008. They were almost done with the album when the incident happened, and it hurt the band members so much because they were finally mending fences and it happened. They didn't wanna put out the record and the didn't want to finish it since it was the last thing with Chi's bass on it. The members started a brand NEW album from scratch and made it happier and upbeat, with a song on it dedicated it to Chi, that album was Diamond eyes. The first song on it Diamond eyes is about Chi. They started a website "one love for Chi" which was started to raise money for Chi's family since the medical expenses were very bad. Millions of dollars was raised and so many Deftones fans were emotionally invested in Chi and wanted him to get better, He's been in a coma all these years. They record they made with Chi they never put it out because they wanted to wait for him to wake up, so they can finish the record together, that album was named Eros and It's never been released. Chi was so loved by other bands as well including slipknot that got together and made a song that they sold which proceeds went to One love for Chi. He was a very liked person and was talked highly of how good of a friend he was.

Diamond Eyes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qksTlo_1Tpw
(Beautiful Song by the way)

R.I.P Chi Cheng.

regards,
Attachments
Chi_Cheng.jpg
Chi_Cheng.jpg (86.59 KiB) Viewed 954 times
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.