Why the divorces are that much expenisve?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Why the divorces are that much expenisve?

Post by mas886 »

Some time ago, i got married with a friend, we did it for joke. Today i was decided to go and divorce, mostly because he doesn't play, the surprise is when the wedding officiator says me that i've to pay !45,5K! :shock: I think that it's exaggerated to make someone pay that much of money for that type of things, this is alot of money, and i don't find any reason to make someone pay 500/lvl when the arriage costs only 100GP!

Greetings
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Why the divorces are that much expenisve?

Post by WildX »

There's a lot of stuff that's too expensive in the game. Maybe it's time to close all these money sinks, or are they still needed?
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

You might find your answer in this famous short story, The Chaser, by John Collier

http://www.utdallas.edu/~aargyros/the_chaser.htm
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Divorces are always expensive ;-)
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Old joke:
Why are divorces so expensive? Because they're worth it!
:alt-0:
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

Yes, alot of jokes here, but this is serious i don't want to pay that much for this, is a really waste of money
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

In-game marriage does offer certain advantages. Married players can pick up each other's drops, even when they're not in the same party. Also, certain spells work better for them, when they cast them on each other (#betsanc, #inma and other life and nature spells).

While the lack of drop protection might be a minor advantage, what is to stop you from "marrying" whatever person you find yourself currently playing with, just to take advantage of the increased #inma and #betsanc?

Level * 500 GP is really an insignificant amount of money to pay, especially when it's not intended to be paid more than once or twice. You can easily make that amount of money in an hour or two.

If anything, the divorce fee is too low, although if raised, it should come with free divorce for players whose spouse has been inactive for a certain period of time.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

melkior wrote:If anything, the divorce fee is too low, although if raised, it should come with free divorce for players whose spouse has been inactive for a certain period of time.
Divorce is free if the account is purged :D
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

o11c wrote:
melkior wrote:If anything, the divorce fee is too low, although if raised, it should come with free divorce for players whose spouse has been inactive for a certain period of time.
Divorce is free if the account is purged :D
Yes, it is, but there hasn't been a purge in 20 months. I was thinking something like 3 months or so here.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

melkior wrote:Yes, it is, but there hasn't been a purge in 20 months. I was thinking something like 3 months or so here.
Yeah ... not sure if there's currently any way to get at that information though.

As an aside, I used to say that as soon as the server switched to SQL we wouldn't need any more purges. But, there will still be need for purges, in order to keep names available for players. At least with SQL we can filter purges to exclude players of sufficiently high level ...

I still plan to do one "full purge" exactly one year after the SQL conversion, to clear a certain nastiness from the datafile that can only be corrected if the player actually logs in.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

o11c wrote:Divorce is free if the account is purged :D
He did it again! He used a smiley!
!grab o11c

Meh, now I have to write something about this topic...
melkior wrote:Level * 500 GP is really an insignificant amount of money to pay, especially when it's not intended to be paid more than once or twice. You can easily make that amount of money in an hour or two.

If anything, the divorce fee is too low
*agrees*
Sorry Octer, level * 500 GP really is pretty low and you can get that very easily.
Divorces should be expensive and I think the price is well set.
Just my opinion of course :alt-3:

Let's go and kill some Red Slimes in Terra Cave to get your ~45k GP back.
I will come with you if you want :wink:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

Thanks cassy :D , the truth is that i didn't knew that there were much advantages for married people, it's still a little big much but well is just, thank you all who answered! ^^
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

The secret to a happy marriage is to PvP for the major decisions.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Cassy wrote:
o11c wrote:Divorce is free if the account is purged :D
He did it again! He used a smiley!
!grab o11c
I do not know whether I am a man, dreaming that I am a machine, or whether I am a machine, dreaming that I am a man.