The Mana Launcher is aimed mostly at an eventual Steam release, and is completely optional. No one in Moubootaur Legends nor The Mana World will be required to use it.
This launcher is only compatible with Evol2 servers.
Some of the features implemented on it are:
- Authentication happens over TLS 1.2+, which is much safer
- A single login to all servers
- Discord Rich-Presence, so everyone knows you're playing TMW (optional)
- Save your credentials, so you don't have to type them every time you want to login
- Easily update ManaPlus or ManaVerse
- Access to quests which involve multiple worlds.*
- Some optional storyline on the launcher itself, because we can be fancy
Note that the Linux version uses AppImages, and require libfuse to work.
The Launcher is built with Ren'Py 7.4.11, which still uses Python2.7 - it won't run smoothly on BSD-based systems, which have already removed support for it.
Still, if you want to give it a try, we would love to hear your feedback.
For starters, you can migrate your TMW Evolved account to the Vault - Doing so will cause the migrated account to only be accessible via Mana Launcher, and I haven't tested it lately, so I advise to only use disposable alts or to wait until the event is over and rewards given on Legacy before trying this.
You can read all the details On itch.io devlog, including important tips for when trying it out.
And by last, you can download it here, along the MD5 and SHA256 hashes to verify the download integrity.
Keep in mind that the launcher is still in development, and aspects of it may change depending on feedback or technical restrictions. If you try it, be sure to give us feedback!
*: Currently, only a sequel to Angela's Daughter quest is available, as a proof of concept.