Interesting 'Graphics Demo', and 1 Question

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Shade
Peon
Peon

Interesting 'Graphics Demo', and 1 Question

Post by Shade »

Hi,

I've been following The Mana World's development for a while now, and it looks like it could shape up to be a really fun free software MMO. I'm aware that most of the current efforts are being directed towards reaching the point where your own back-end server is usable... and I have one question:

Is there any vague ETA on when the scripting back-end will be ready for public consumption? Yes, I know, 'It's ready when it's ready'. :) But with that being said, I'd love to see a workable scripting back-end so I could play around with it... As it stands, it doesn't make sense to produce scripted content if it all goes to /dev/null at some point in the future.

Anyway, you have a nice little 'graphics demo'-- and all of the best with continued development.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That's impossible to say. Currently it isn't even vaguely planed when the scripting backend will be implemented (Roadmap says milestone 3), for what it will be used and on what way. It isn't even certain what language will be used.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Shade
Peon
Peon

Post by Shade »

Crush wrote:That's impossible to say. Currently it isn't even vaguely planed when the scripting backend will be implemented (Roadmap says milestone 3), for what it will be used and on what way. It isn't even certain what language will be used.
Well, more ominous than I'd like, but an answer none the less. :) Well, good luck in reaching Milestone 3, and may whatever you settle on be expressive, high level, and fun...