Snow town

Content and general development discussion, including maps, quests, and server code from the development team.
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Snow town

Post by Jaxad0127 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:32 am

I've been working on a new snow town and field.
Maps:
Field (Pic)
Town (Pic)
Notes:
The large building on the left, just north of the plaza, is the inn. The large one on the right is going to be a library/town-hall-like building. I'm still working on the interiors.
Last edited by Jaxad0127 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:38 pm

Well, I'll call that an improvement. It's certainly a lot better than the one currently in place. But I've got to ask: why are all the windows shuttered?
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jaxad0127 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:59 pm

It's the only available window in the tileset.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:54 pm

jaxad0127 wrote:It's the only available window in the tileset.
The mappers should learn to order and demand stuff from the pixel artists or the situation is not going to improve.

Topic per area on the graphics development please. Just be somewhat moderate in the requests. (Improvements and additions are basically OK. Asking for a tileset worth of stuff requires a deeper reason for it. Starting a conversation about it is OK, though.)
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:57 am

When you are building a new town from scratch you should plan it as a new one and not as a replacement. Len has presented some snow-covered fir trees in another thread so we could connect the two cities with some wilderness maps.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jaxad0127 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:27 am

5t3v3 has made another replacement (http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=3396) that we could use for now and this one later as another snow town, after some more maps to link them have been made. 5t3v3's looks more appropriate for Santa and can be used as his village, or something like that.
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jaxad0127 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:20 am

I've uploaded a new pic of the field south of the town. The town's layout is being redone. The interiors are about half done.

EDIT: The field isn't finished yet.
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jaxad0127 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:38 pm

I've finished the town and field maps (barring any suggestions, of course). You can get the links to the files and images in the first post. The town interior is still being worked on (it's quite large as you can see).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:04 pm

The unfrozen pond in the frozen environment looked a bit weird to me. So I added a particle effect to make it look like a geothermal hot spring:
But I am not sure if we should really place that NPC there. Seems a bit too exhibitionistic to go skinny dipping next to a main traffic route. Maybe I'll put her in a more remote location.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Matt
Knight
Knight

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Crush wrote:The unfrozen pond in the frozen environment looked a bit weird to me. So I added a particle effect to make it look like a geothermal hot spring:
But I am not sure if we should really place that NPC there. Seems a bit too exhibitionistic to go skinny dipping next to a main traffic route. Maybe I'll put her in a more remote location.
nice idea. place the npc right there!
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:21 pm

Crush wrote:The unfrozen pond in the frozen environment looked a bit weird to me. So I added a particle effect to make it look like a geothermal hot spring:
WoW i love this idea :) is cool. Swimming :)
:D
Platyna
Knight
Knight

Post by Platyna » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:11 am

We should allow players to swim in the lakes too.

Regards.
Zuzanna K. Filutowska
[The rest of this signature was censored by TMWC's "Freedom" and "Free speech".]
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:49 am

Platyna wrote:We should allow players to swim in the lakes too.
Unfortunately this is not that easy from the technical point of view.
  • NOT a game master

5t3v3
Novice
Novice

Post by 5t3v3 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:54 am

Crush wrote:But I am not sure if we should really place that NPC there. Seems a bit too exhibitionistic to go skinny dipping next to a main traffic route. Maybe I'll put her in a more remote location.
How about giving 'r a bathing suit?
ZeekNyne
Peon
Peon

Post by ZeekNyne » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:09 pm

I understand this may be the wrong place to post this but is it impossible to access the last snow town now while this new one is being made? I stand at the entrance and there is no warping. Also it seems the current santa and rudolf slime area has no map in the upper left corner.

I'm seeing others enter it. Is there a problem with the mac client or do I need to delete it's cache and try again?