New high level dungeon

Content and general development discussion, including maps, quests, and server code from the development team.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

New high level dungeon

Post by Crush » 28 Dec 2007, 01:50

The recent accidental "increased monster spawn event" gave us the idea to create a new high level dungeon with an extremely high density of aggressive monsters.

We recently got a new map by 5t3v3 which could be used for it:

What do you think about doing it like that:

-Link the two exits with the two unused cave entrances on map 7 (eastern desert).
-Put a whole lot of snakes in there and maybe some other aggressive monsters
-Put a few immobile monsters in there that don't attack but drop something rare. This will force people to move around in the dungeon and not just camp somewhere.
-Maybe put a hyper-tough boss monster in there when we get an appropriate new sprite (candidate: The new monster by rafael):
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
5t3v3
Novice
Novice

Post by 5t3v3 » 28 Dec 2007, 02:20

I'm loving it
Also note the inhabited corner top right, if you put an NPC with something important, that alone would make the trip worth while.

I'm thinking, it shouldn't be a quest, because then you do it once and no longer need to get there, so maybe the NPC could be selling something people need frequently?

maybe the NPC could turn arrows + red stingers => poison arrows that hit harder or something like that?

Oh, about Rafael, how should I put this, ...

I think the sprites needs some work :)
Dr Wahl
Novice
Novice

Post by Dr Wahl » 28 Dec 2007, 02:31

I thought it was pretty fun having so many mobs. This could even be a quest. There could be something at the very end of the cave as a reward for making it to the end. If the mobs were dense enough, it could even require a group effort to make it to the end.
5t3v3
Novice
Novice

Post by 5t3v3 » 28 Dec 2007, 03:24

for a new monster , how about albino snakes?
Same as the regular snakes, but white skin and red eyes. A bit stronger then normal snakes. They could drop white skin snake http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:eOZ ... keskin.JPG] which an NPC at the end turns into snake boots :) (def +4 or +5)

http://horseworldemporium.com/My%20Pict ... st6912.JPG
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash » 29 Dec 2007, 21:01

It's very nice, I've been playing on it for a bit today.

The only thing is the few black tiles around the edge, which you can see on the picture of the map you posted.

Edit:
Found a wrong collision tile at 82,31 and at 30-34, 87
5t3v3
Novice
Novice

Post by 5t3v3 » 30 Dec 2007, 00:10

Thanks for the feedback on the map
I put about 30 tiles black at the edge in all directions as requested on the wiki. (at one place it says 20 at another it says 30).
I think they are cut out of the picture Crush posted.
82.31 I had a bookshelf there, but then mistakenly removed the tileset thinking I hadn't used it.
rafael
Peon
Peon

Re: New high level dungeon

Post by rafael » 30 Dec 2007, 01:43

I love that idea i'll work on the BOSS monster right now!
rafael
Peon
Peon

Post by rafael » 30 Dec 2007, 02:01

Crush, can you sendme some playerset templates?
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump » 30 Dec 2007, 07:49

this monster is pls hard!
:D
5t3v3
Novice
Novice

Post by 5t3v3 » 21 Jan 2008, 23:39

Don't know if anyone was still waiting for this, but this is the .tmx of the map with the collision tiles fixed that QOAL pointed out.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BYK4T78W
MerlinX420
Warrior
Warrior

this map

Post by MerlinX420 » 22 Jan 2008, 13:14

Okay I've seen this map in the latest update. The snake canyon has also changed and yet a week has gone by without it actually being "open".
I went to it right away after I got the update and tried to enter the cave. Even saw crush try and enter it that same morning.

Is this EVER gonna be open. I know I"m not the only one looking for a challenge. Everyone who's played the game for awhile is quite bored with it and content needs to be added to keep people playing. I've even began mapping. (I have about 3 in the works not including the inside of Dimonds purposed restaurant.

MerlinX.420
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump » 22 Jan 2008, 15:58

Crush wrote:The recent accidental "increased monster spawn event" gave us the idea to create a new high level dungeon with an extremely high density of aggressive monsters.

We recently got a new map by 5t3v3 which could be used for it:

What do you think about doing it like that:

-Link the two exits with the two unused cave entrances on map 7 (eastern desert).
-Put a whole lot of snakes in there and maybe some other aggressive monsters
-Put a few immobile monsters in there that don't attack but drop something rare. This will force people to move around in the dungeon and not just camp somewhere.
-Maybe put a hyper-tough boss monster in there when we get an appropriate new sprite (candidate: The new monster by rafael):
hey Crush i have waht new made.

http://stashbox.org/74292/new_29-1.tmx
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush » 22 Jan 2008, 16:16

Strump wrote:hey Crush i have waht new made.

Please read the mapping tutorial again. Especially the chapter about what layer is used for what purpose.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump » 22 Jan 2008, 16:19

Crush wrote:
Strump wrote:hey Crush i have waht new made.

Please read the mapping tutorial again. Especially the chapter about what layer is used for what purpose.
ok