NPC Graphics

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

NPC Graphics

Post by Kyokai »

Between everything else, I've managed to come up with a few NPCs for the next updates. These are based off of the player sprite that Talaroc is working on. Hopefully I can get more done as school work permits...

Image Random Purple Guy

Image Kyokai

Image Kirin Dekagen (This version is fixed from the original seen on the Wiki)

More to come later, probably over the weekend.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

heh nice

maybe you could do a maci npcs too ;)
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Actually, in terms of devs, something I had thought about doing (much) later on was putting together custom character sheets for the highly involved devs to use in-game when functioning as GM's. Sort of a mark of distinction to set them apart from regular players. Since they'd be highly different from most characters, the hair/clothes/equipment and all would be right on the sprite, rather than overlayed. Which also means they wouldn't necessarily have to be based on the standard character set...but I'm getting ahead of myself. Still a lot to do before that stage, and I haven't even been getting any work done on the walking animations the past few days.

In any case, with regards to the sprites: the designs are nice, but they need shading to look like actual three-dimensional people.