boss pinkie

All development of pixel art and graphics
Post Reply
User avatar
Spit23
Novice
Novice
Posts: 191
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 09:07
Location: Germany

boss pinkie

Post by Spit23 » 22 Aug 2008, 01:07

Hi folks. Crush posted the idea of a boss pinkie last month. I liked the idea and started to create one. So I took the original pinkie sprite and made it fatter. Additionally the boss-pinkie has a second antenna. It could drop the antennae headger I made.

Image

Please give feedback.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: boss pinkie

Post by Jaxad0127 » 22 Aug 2008, 01:09

It looks to close in size to the original. Don't feel limited by the original Pinkie. You can make it as large as you want.
Image
User avatar
Spit23
Novice
Novice
Posts: 191
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 09:07
Location: Germany

Re: boss pinkie

Post by Spit23 » 22 Aug 2008, 02:18

Ok, I made a bigger version of the original pinkie sprite and of my own version.

Image

I think in this size there maybe should be more details or texture. What do you think? Please give me feedback and ideas how a boss-pinkie could look like.
User avatar
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 8046
Joined: 25 Aug 2005, 17:08
Location: Germany

Re: boss pinkie

Post by Crush » 22 Aug 2008, 10:48

I would base it on the left one.

But you got to do something about the facial expression. The original has a cute and friendly smile, this one looks like you caught it masturbating.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.


You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
User avatar
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1113
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 18:29
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: boss pinkie

Post by i » 22 Aug 2008, 16:11

Spit23 wrote:Ok, I made a bigger version of the original pinkie sprite and of my own version.

Image

I think in this size there maybe should be more details or texture. What do you think? Please give me feedback and ideas how a boss-pinkie could look like.
I don't like the way it smiles. Could it be a bit less roundy?
Retired chainsaw seller. CEO @ Advertising Agency N2P
User avatar
Spit23
Novice
Novice
Posts: 191
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 09:07
Location: Germany

Re: boss pinkie

Post by Spit23 » 22 Aug 2008, 16:19

Hi folks. I just tried to make a bigger version first. The right verion looks totally bad and the left also looks like crap at the moment :wink:

I need some ideas how it could look like. Maybe it shouldnt smile at all and look more evil? Ideas wanted
Last edited by Spit23 on 22 Aug 2008, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1113
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 18:29
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: boss pinkie

Post by i » 22 Aug 2008, 16:22

Spit23 wrote:Hi folks. I just tried to make a bigger version first. The right verion looks totally bad and the left also looks like crap at the moment :wink:

I need some ideas how it could look like. Maybe it shouldnt smile at all and looks more evil? Ideas wanted
maybe additional pair o hands with clavs will help? or some spikes on it's back?
Retired chainsaw seller. CEO @ Advertising Agency N2P
User avatar
yosuhara
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 583
Joined: 16 Mar 2006, 22:19
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Re: boss pinkie

Post by yosuhara » 22 Aug 2008, 16:28

i wrote:
Spit23 wrote:Hi folks. I just tried to make a bigger version first. The right verion looks totally bad and the left also looks like crap at the moment :wink:

I need some ideas how it could look like. Maybe it shouldnt smile at all and looks more evil? Ideas wanted
maybe additional pair o hands with clavs will help? or some spikes on it's back?
maybe longer tail and some red spots on skin?
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Dimond
Novice
Novice
Posts: 308
Joined: 14 Jan 2008, 23:18

Re: boss pinkie

Post by Dimond » 27 Aug 2008, 05:05

AHH!!
You make cute things look scary you know....
Anyway why not add blood dripping fangs when it attacks? :o
What am I thinking!? It would just look even more scary... at least it's not as bad as the Evil Jester Mask.. that was very scary..
User avatar
Strump
Novice
Novice
Posts: 169
Joined: 14 Oct 2007, 10:05
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: boss pinkie

Post by Strump » 11 Sep 2008, 06:25

I have an a idea.


Why you do not make from all monsters one boss monsters are only somewhat more larger???
:D
Post Reply