Drob Rate

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.
Forum rules
This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums
Sephrenia
Peon
Peon
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:40 am

Drob Rate

Post by Sephrenia » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:05 am

Hi together,

I'm playing since a week or so, and I thought yesterday, that I can't make any progress.
The reason is 'cause I can't make Money!

There are two ways to make money.

1st you sell drops to other players.
2nd you sell drops to NPCs
and a third would be selling the stuff from you monsterpoints, but that is really no good way to make money.

and later that day I get really mad, 'cause I wanna have a new Armor, but didn't have two things:
Iron ore
and Money

So I went out to get Ore and Money...Not a chance. I killed 3h every Monster that get near my short-sword and get about 200GP from the Drops. Well I killed 60(!!!) yellow slimes and get nothing from them.
I killed 120 Log-Heads and get 5 logs...
the other stuff that droped for me is not worth to mention, 'cause it was the usual stuff (Apple,cake,arrow...)
all together give me just about 200GP ( +-20 ).
And then I get really mad and thought, that a good drop-rate could solve all of my problems...
And now the Calculation why:

at a drop-rate of 5% at the Ore I need to kill 20 slimes to get 1 ore....well I get none from 60...

and I'm not the only one that has that problem. I bet that a lot of players would like to see a better drop rate, which would allow them to make money a bit faster.

So lets say at every 3rd kill there is a drop.
and this drop didn't have to be a good thing. Let it be a apple or something that has a value from max 10GP
that would make it possible to earn the Money for the Forrest-Bow ( 10,000 GP ) in a max of 500 drops which would be 1500 kills.
The high value stuff should stay on there drop rate, but the 5% would mean 5% of the drops I get so that every 20st drop from a yellow slime would be a Iron ore. that would mean that you have to kill 60 yellow slimes to get 1 Ore and that would be better than my drop rates in the last days that I had with everything.

So please increase the Drop-Rate.

so long

Sephrenia
User avatar
meeps
Peon
Peon
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Drob Rate

Post by meeps » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:12 am

Sephrenia wrote:Hi together,

I'm playing since a week or so, and I thought yesterday, that I can't make any progress.
The reason is 'cause I can't make Money!

There are two ways to make money.

1st you sell drops to other players.
2nd you sell drops to NPCs
and a third would be selling the stuff from you monsterpoints, but that is really no good way to make money.

and later that day I get really mad, 'cause I wanna have a new Armor, but didn't have two things:
Iron ore
and Money

So I went out to get Ore and Money...Not a chance. I killed 3h every Monster that get near my short-sword and get about 200GP from the Drops. Well I killed 60(!!!) yellow slimes and get nothing from them.
I killed 120 Log-Heads and get 5 logs...
the other stuff that droped for me is not worth to mention, 'cause it was the usual stuff (Apple,cake,arrow...)
all together give me just about 200GP ( +-20 ).
And then I get really mad and thought, that a good drop-rate could solve all of my problems...
And now the Calculation why:

at a drop-rate of 5% at the Ore I need to kill 20 slimes to get 1 ore....well I get none from 60...

and I'm not the only one that has that problem. I bet that a lot of players would like to see a better drop rate, which would allow them to make money a bit faster.

So lets say at every 3rd kill there is a drop.
and this drop didn't have to be a good thing. Let it be a apple or something that has a value from max 10GP
that would make it possible to earn the Money for the Forrest-Bow ( 10,000 GP ) in a max of 500 drops which would be 1500 kills.
The high value stuff should stay on there drop rate, but the 5% would mean 5% of the drops I get so that every 20st drop from a yellow slime would be a Iron ore. that would mean that you have to kill 60 yellow slimes to get 1 Ore and that would be better than my drop rates in the last days that I had with everything.

So please increase the Drop-Rate.

so long

Sephrenia
compared to other games the drop rates here are laughably easy
Sephrenia
Peon
Peon
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:40 am

Re: Drob Rate

Post by Sephrenia » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:29 am

compared to other games the drop rates here are laughably easy
then why do I still don't have a Ore? and Why didn't get other things that are possible to get as an rare drop with a drop-rate near 1%?

even with a rate of 0.5% I should have an Ore now, but I didn't...'cause at a Rate of 0.5% every 200 kills it has to drop.
and that is pure math!!!!!!
I hope you can see now that the math is against the drop-rates like they are written in the Wiki.

and it isn't that hard to implement sometjing like that 'cause you just need a counter per player on the Map per Monter-class!

so long

Sephrenia

---update:

forget an why in the first line...
=)
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:35 pm
Location: Internet

Re: Drob Rate

Post by Jaxad0127 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:42 am

Sephrenia wrote:
compared to other games the drop rates here are laughably easy
then why do I still don't have a Ore? and Why didn't get other things that are possible to get as an rare drop with a drop-rate near 1%?

even with a rate of 0.5% I should have an Ore now, but I didn't...'cause at a Rate of 0.5% every 200 kills it has to drop.
and that is pure math!!!!!!
I hope you can see now that the math is against the drop-rates like they are written in the Wiki.

and it isn't that hard to implement sometjing like that 'cause you just need a counter per player on the Map per Monter-class!

so long

Sephrenia

---update:

forget an why in the first line...
=)
You do realize this is pseudorandom, right?
Image
User avatar
meeps
Peon
Peon
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Drob Rate

Post by meeps » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:58 am

cause at a Rate of 0.5% every 200 kills it has to drop.
Dude you can get 3 in a row or none after killing 1000
Sephrenia
Peon
Peon
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:40 am

Re: Drob Rate

Post by Sephrenia » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:00 pm

yeah I did.

but to increas the Drop-rate would be realy nice from you guys.

And even if it would be realy Random (In the IT is no possibility for Random events) then I should have at least one ore by now...
well I don't have an ore and I don't get the money to buy an ore from other players...well 5K at a rate of 200GP in a couple of hours...well....not fair...

Specialy since I never ment to increase the drop-Rate of the Ore...of any other Valueble stuff...just the drop of everything else like apples or Stinger or Magot-Slime and so on..'cause that is it what make me mad...How can I make money, when I never get anything from the Monster?


edit:------

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE ORE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
meeps
Peon
Peon
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Drob Rate

Post by meeps » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:19 pm

just massacre red slimes and black scorps for a few days
Sephrenia
Peon
Peon
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:40 am

Re: Drob Rate

Post by Sephrenia » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:27 pm

meeps wrote:just massacre red slimes and black scorps for a few days
sry but that are the statments which really pisses me off 'cause that is it what I heard In-Game.
Great I go out and play for 120h strait only to kill a damn monster over and over again to get a few bucks....
If I wanna play such a stupid game...well then I can play WoW....and then TMW is just another grinding game and nothing for the masses...
User avatar
meeps
Peon
Peon
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Drob Rate

Post by meeps » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Sephrenia wrote:
meeps wrote:just massacre red slimes and black scorps for a few days
sry but that are the statments which really pisses me off 'cause that is it what I heard In-Game.
Great I go out and play for 120h strait only to kill a damn monster over and over again to get a few bucks....
If I wanna play such a stupid game...well then I can play WoW....and then TMW is just another grinding game and nothing for the masses...
Play guild wars then
User avatar
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 8046
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Drob Rate

Post by Crush » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:14 pm

Yes, TMW is a monotonous grind game at the moment. What else would you expect from a game which is basically a subset of the gameplay features of one of the most grind-focused MMORPGs of all time (ragnarok online)?

That's why we are developing TMWServ.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.


You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Sephrenia
Peon
Peon
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:40 am

Re: Drob Rate

Post by Sephrenia » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:43 pm

The Open Source Comunity is a great Comunity and the Intelect is really high...But with some Damn f...ing Idiots and Comments like:
Play guild wars then
Sry but when a customer knocks at my Buro and tells me that the other Programm is capable of function xyz then I would never say "THAN YOUS THIS!"

Are you Nuts?!?!

Sry but this comunity is dead for me...
User avatar
meeps
Peon
Peon
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Drob Rate

Post by meeps » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Sephrenia wrote:The Open Source Comunity is a great Comunity and the Intelect is really high...But with some Damn f...ing Idiots and Comments like:
Play guild wars then
Sry but when a customer knocks at my Buro and tells me that the other Programm is capable of function xyz then I would never say "THAN YOUS THIS!"

Are you Nuts?!?!

Sry but this comunity is dead for me...
:roll: God forbid everyone not see it your way :)
Savi
Novice
Novice
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Drob Rate

Post by Savi » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Kill Blue Slime, they have a decent drop rate. They also drop Pearls at times which sell for 3K. There are a lot of the same players doing the Blue Slime continuously. They aren't aggressive like the Red Slime and they come running towards you if there is a drop on the ground.
User avatar
5t3v3
Novice
Novice
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Drob Rate

Post by 5t3v3 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:41 pm

The drop rates are fine as they are. The problem is though, that people want to buy the best armor and stuff straight away. Have you done all quests? Have you explored all places? What level are you right now? Sure the devs could make a game where you are able to buy and kill everything you want straight from the start; but that would be even more boring then pong. The quests and drops are designed to keep you going untill you're at least lvl 70 or something. And guess what: Yes! You'll have to grind just a little bit sooner or later. Have you ever played an RPG game where you didn't need to train your character? Honestly, the game is already showing so many improvements lately, I don't know what all this fuss is about.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
User avatar
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:23 am
Location: Land of Ooo

some say 'drop' Re: Drob Rate

Post by bigglesworth » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:25 am

The problem is player xyz wants to be able to kill every monster in the world and have every weapon/armor in their inventory when they first begin the game.
Post Reply