Lost items after drop trade + server outage

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Post Reply
User avatar
undecim
Peon
Peon
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 03:09

Lost items after drop trade + server outage

Post by undecim » 06 Jun 2009, 03:24

I created a new account and character (duodecim) and drop traded (lvl 1 characters can't normal trade) my Warlord helm and plate, my winter gloves and boots, and my steel shield to it.

After trying (and failing) to get that lvl 1 character through the snake cave in the desert, I went back to transfer the items back to my main character (undecim). The drop trade was completed successfully, and I logged the lvl 1 out. a few seconds later my connection was lost, and when I logged back in, neither character had the armor and it wasn't in the place where I dropped it.

I'm guessing what happened is that the lvl character's inventory was saved when I logged it out, but my main character's inventory wasn't saved and the data was lost with the server outage.

P.S: Yes, I know the risk involved with drop trading, but I think this same thing would have happened if it had been a normal trade.
"I think, therefore I exist" is a flawed logic. If the universe were a function, any mathematician could graph our synapses.
Just as the sine wave resonates and e^x is its own derivative, we need be only an idea to do anything at all.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Lost items after drop trade + server outage

Post by Jaxad0127 » 06 Jun 2009, 03:49

undecim wrote:P.S: Yes, I know the risk involved with drop trading, but I think this same thing would have happened if it had been a normal trade.
Not likely. A normal trade would've updated both at the same time.

Why did you do a drop trade instead of a normal trade?
Image
User avatar
undecim
Peon
Peon
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 03:09

Re: Lost items after drop trade + server outage

Post by undecim » 06 Jun 2009, 03:53

jaxad0127 wrote:Why did you do a drop trade instead of a normal trade?
Because I needed the second character to be level 1

I was trying to see how far I could get a level 1 character through various dangerous areas if the level 1 was wearing top notch armor. Me and some others were talking about events where we try to get level 1 characters as far into dangerous areas as possible, and I was trying to see what kind of edge the armor would give.
"I think, therefore I exist" is a flawed logic. If the universe were a function, any mathematician could graph our synapses.
Just as the sine wave resonates and e^x is its own derivative, we need be only an idea to do anything at all.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Lost items after drop trade + server outage

Post by Jaxad0127 » 06 Jun 2009, 05:05

undecim wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote:Why did you do a drop trade instead of a normal trade?
Because I needed the second character to be level 1

I was trying to see how far I could get a level 1 character through various dangerous areas if the level 1 was wearing top notch armor. Me and some others were talking about events where we try to get level 1 characters as far into dangerous areas as possible, and I was trying to see what kind of edge the armor would give.
The basic skill only affects trade initiation, not ability. You can do a normal trade with a new character if the other char has a high enough level to initiate it.
Image
User avatar
undecim
Peon
Peon
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 03:09

Re: Lost items after drop trade + server outage

Post by undecim » 06 Jun 2009, 06:31

haha.... Wish I knew about that...
"I think, therefore I exist" is a flawed logic. If the universe were a function, any mathematician could graph our synapses.
Just as the sine wave resonates and e^x is its own derivative, we need be only an idea to do anything at all.
Post Reply