we need updates FAST

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Re: we need updates FAST

Post by Fother »

Crush wrote:When I started to work on the woodland tileset my experience with pixel art was zero. But with the help of the other artists working on TMW, by reading tutorials and by studying pixel art from commercial games I improved a lot.
Completely agree!
My first TMW pixel art was the Zombie (before that I hadn't done pixel art in 10yrs and a didn't remember a thing)... When making the zombie, I only examined pixel art from other games a small bit... but it's true... you really have to study and truly examine the techniques of the pixel gods out there and others and partner with other artists to get pointers from them to improve, it's a process like anything. It takes a hell of a lot of patience, but ANYONE can be a pixel artist by reading, attempting, and soliciting feedback.

One thing I wish I had done is be sneaky like Crush and hide my name into one of my pieces :lol:
Woodland_groud for example:
Sneaky pants!
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: we need updates FAST

Post by Crush »

I added some invisible watermarks to some of my tiles in case a non-gpl project ever rips my tilesets and accuses me of ripping from them.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.