AFK Cap

All development of pixel art and graphics
Post Reply
Ventole
Peon
Peon
Posts: 47
Joined: 20 Oct 2009, 21:35

AFK Cap

Post by Ventole » 26 Nov 2009, 22:32

Since there is an AFK Cap, if it is not currently in use, I propose that when a player has no activity (talking, moving), an AFK Cap appears on their head. It should not be in their inventory, it should just replace existing headwear, if any. Just an idea.
User avatar
baseballboy
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 501
Joined: 04 Jan 2009, 21:04
Location: USA, Alabama

Re: AFK Cap

Post by baseballboy » 26 Nov 2009, 23:15

Ventole wrote:Since there is an AFK Cap, if it is not currently in use, I propose that when a player has no activity (talking, moving), an AFK Cap appears on their head. It should not be in their inventory, it should just replace existing headwear, if any. Just an idea.
why not just add a command like the on in irc '/away' '/back' ?

would be much easier
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: AFK Cap

Post by Jaxad0127 » 27 Nov 2009, 02:28

baseballboy wrote:
Ventole wrote:Since there is an AFK Cap, if it is not currently in use, I propose that when a player has no activity (talking, moving), an AFK Cap appears on their head. It should not be in their inventory, it should just replace existing headwear, if any. Just an idea.
why not just add a command like the on in irc '/away' '/back' ?

would be much easier
Feel free to add it.
Image
User avatar
Black Don
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 660
Joined: 06 Feb 2008, 22:30

Re: AFK Cap

Post by Black Don » 27 Nov 2009, 03:39

I always thought that a wooden sign in the style of the current wooden sign's would appear in front of the player instead of a hat.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
User avatar
The Scarlet Rhus
Novice
Novice
Posts: 153
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 05:02

Re: AFK Cap

Post by The Scarlet Rhus » 27 Nov 2009, 04:17

+1 Black Don.

A sign would be better.


~but not automatically. A command '/afk' to put the sign up.
The Scarlet Rhus
/quit tmw
User avatar
Dark Lord
Novice
Novice
Posts: 312
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 11:05
Location: Earth

Re: AFK Cap

Post by Dark Lord » 27 Nov 2009, 13:29

UGH I already brought this matter up a few months ago.
head-afkcap.png
head-afkcap.png (2.96 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
User avatar
Black Don
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 660
Joined: 06 Feb 2008, 22:30

Re: AFK Cap

Post by Black Don » 27 Nov 2009, 14:12

I believe this Idea to have been around a lot longer then that.

These 2 treads predate you by a couple of years

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... afk#p20517

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... afk#p13356
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Ventole
Peon
Peon
Posts: 47
Joined: 20 Oct 2009, 21:35

Re: AFK Cap

Post by Ventole » 27 Nov 2009, 22:22

Dark Lord, what was your point of posting the spritesheet? I already know it exists, which is why I started this thread in the first place. I suppose you are not content to swearing in-game, so you resort to spamming on the forums. Uuuggghhh, shouldn't a 12 year old be at least a bit more mature than that?
User avatar
Dark Lord
Novice
Novice
Posts: 312
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 11:05
Location: Earth

Re: AFK Cap

Post by Dark Lord » 28 Nov 2009, 04:36

Ventole wrote:Dark Lord, what was your point of posting the spritesheet? I already know it exists, which is why I started this thread in the first place. I suppose you are not content to swearing in-game, so you resort to spamming on the forums. Uuuggghhh, shouldn't a 12 year old be at least a bit more mature than that?
IT IS NOT SPAM!!!!! Get your facts right.
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
User avatar
CapitanAwesome
Novice
Novice
Posts: 194
Joined: 28 Apr 2009, 22:22
Location: Everywhere... In the shadows... Waiting...
Contact:

Re: AFK Cap

Post by CapitanAwesome » 30 Nov 2009, 10:51

i think a glowing aura would be better.

as well as having an auto timeout. i think the /away /back thing is good... could the client autorespond to whispers with an away message?
CapitanAwesome - Game Master - server.themanaworld.org
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: 08 Sep 2004, 20:48
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: AFK Cap

Post by Rotonen » 01 Dec 2009, 12:21

The conceptualization of options available is nice, but as it is now, we do not have a use for this right now. Perhaps when the actual content and technical abilities of CR1 get more defined or perhaps in CR2.
This message used to be meaningful.
User avatar
baseballboy
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 501
Joined: 04 Jan 2009, 21:04
Location: USA, Alabama

Re: AFK Cap

Post by baseballboy » 07 Dec 2009, 00:42

Would it be appropriate to have instead a glowing aura, afk sign or hat, to have a afk reply. For example X character says your name after you type command /afk and you auto reply, "I am AFK <X character>" and /afk again to go un afk. Appropriate?
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
User avatar
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice
Posts: 177
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 07:37
Location: Hurnscald

Re: AFK Cap

Post by Anonymous!!! » 07 Jan 2010, 06:50

baseballboy wrote:Would it be appropriate to have instead a glowing aura, afk sign or hat, to have a afk reply. For example X character says your name after you type command /afk and you auto reply, "I am AFK <X character>" and /afk again to go un afk. Appropriate?
Too risky, what if a group came up and said your name at once?
You wouldn't be happy to come back and see:
Auto-banned for spam :P
-Nahem - My Characters in use are:
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Are you up for a CHALLENGE? Yes!
Project Hurnscald
I'm currently attempting to develop an Event Arena and I'm looking for ideas!
User avatar
darkice
Peon
Peon
Posts: 64
Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 20:12
Location: Travelling

Re: AFK Cap

Post by darkice » 12 Jan 2010, 18:56

An afk cap is already being used on another server its just not an obtainable although u might see a few already wear those there..
Mr.T
Also known as darkice on TAW!
As well Darkice GM/EM of TWW
Post Reply