Player Zalika appears to be botting

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
AcnotAlpha
Novice
Novice

Player Zalika appears to be botting

Post by AcnotAlpha »

Zalika was in the Ice Caves, Whipito reported that she seemed to be botting. I went to check it out, and she wouldn't answer any of my whispers. I told her that she was being reported to the gm's, then reported her. She continued attacking, only stopping to sit when she got hit with a critical, even when I told her and Whipito that she had been reported. I have 2 screenshots, following.

Edit: Tyler says that he was talking to her, so... maybe she was just ignoring me. I'm not sure.
Ingame: Kra'Toth
zefram
Peon
Peon

Re: Player Zalika appears to be botting

Post by zefram »

AcnotAlpha wrote:Tyler says that he was talking to her, so... maybe she was just ignoring me. I'm not sure.
WOW. HAHAHA. Man. You made my day! Seriously, Tyler is going to be really pissed off! Poor man. Here is the FULL story:

Zalika IS Tyler's own bot. He has a patch that allows exactly this kind of boting. You found his bot (Zalika) cheating. So the only thing he can do is to tells you "Yeah, sure, I talked to Zalika, I am whispering with her now. She is not a bot.". Just to protect the bot.

I suggest to GM to ban both Zalika and her master Tyler too. And remove all their stuff of course. Perhaps all accounts from same IP too.

I talked with Tyler few days ago. We share the knowledge. I told him technical details about my bot. He told me he was not using bot at that time. We made a deal that he would not uncover my bot. But then he did.

You also can ask KATZE about this. Tyler was reporting my bot in Hurnscald to KATZE few days ago (clover in front of Wyara's house). But I was NOT AFK when Katze came, so I don't get banned.

He most likely used my source and modify it. Heavily. I must admit, his current bot is way better than mine. No delays, very fast, precise loot tracking, no glitches. I dare say, it is almost scary. It's not 2 rocks put on keyboard anymore.

By revealing this informations, I am risking myself too, but the revenge is worth it. We have our deal with Tyler. He broke the deal. So do I. Don't play with the fire Tyler, you get burned!.

I also uploaded video of our conversation here (original video has better quality tho, Loots picked by Zalika highlighted with red color): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJbRH595wzk

Screenshot of conversation is here: Image

---
We (coders, crackers, whatever) always used to be weirdos, but where is this world going now? We do report each others instead of sharing and enjoying the code? Shame on us. Shame on us.
Last edited by zefram on 11 Dec 2009, 19:14, edited 2 times in total.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

The sad part I think of this, is that people insisting on using their coding skills for self gain and destroying the game play we have made.

You should try using your skills for good instead of evil.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Also, judging by Zefram's conversation with Tyler, Zefram has his own bot. What's its username, Zef?
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

Zalika/Laticia are the same person. Tyler dumped my sister to marry Laticia so he is obviously covering for her. He is very generous to wives of his so I think the also does not want her to be banned. He is obviously covering for her.
Regards,
DarkLord

Occasionally playing TMW.

Running Windows 8.1 Pro, OS X Mavericks and Ubuntu 13.10
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We could really need the help of bot programmers like you for programming the monster AI on Manaserv. So when you are interested in an interesting challenge feel free to consult us on #mana on irc.freenode.net :)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

Here is another time she has been botting just today:
TMW_Screenshot_89.png
TMW_Screenshot_89.png (26.87 KiB) Viewed 2279 times
I kept talking to her but she would not reply. And she killed all my bats. It was very annoying.
Regards,
DarkLord

enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

A more complete screenshot would be handy, but yes, it does seem Zalika has been botting.
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

And when there are no bats left she sits randomly, waiting for more bats. BOT BEHAVIOUR
Regards,
DarkLord

Tahli
Novice
Novice

Post by Tahli »

TYLER MARRIED ME WHEN HIS SO CALLED "GF" PLAYED THE GAME!!!? If it's his bot though... HE LEFT ME FOR HIS OWN BOT!!!? Well looks like I'm f#cked! My husband married his bot. Nice...
:DTahli, Admin on three servers that are not my own. :D
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

He married Laticia not Zalika.
Regards,
DarkLord

enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

You can Duck swear if you Duck want, nobody gives a Duck.
LtCol KILGORE
Peon
Peon

Post by LtCol KILGORE »

poison_ivy wrote:You can Duck swear if you Duck want, nobody gives a ****.
... frankly Enchi ! ...

... your manners .... suck ...

~ Yep, really .. and this new avatar makes things even worse .... :lol:
CHaRLie DoN'T SuRF !
Amuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Amuk »

Instead of acting like a bunch of lil' kids trying to get each other in trouble, how about you do you. Constantly ratting on each other doesn't help solve community drama. Complaints can be just as annoying as the people you are complaining against.

You are just adding to the drama and causing the staff to intervene more which will lead to stiffer rules, more enforcement etc. and one day you will probably be on the other end and be crying about it.

A lot of people are working hard for a self efficient community not dependent on staff intervention (including myself). Which would be a lot more pleasant than being dictated too and every post on this forum is counter productive to the cause.

This reply is not just in regards to this thread but all the stupid complaints.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

One day we might be on the other end and crying about it...?

Honey, I've been banned twice, and... eh... the Colonel here at least four times. So don't talk to use about being on the other and and crying!

And I think we should be ALLOWED TO BOT