About player abuse

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: About player abuse

Post by Big Crunch »

Intarwebz...serious biznass :roll:
sexy red bearded GM
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I have to agree with DarkWater in this case. Although the law offers Safe Harbor for hosts and service providers, they *do* have to respond to certain things.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

I agree with o11c's point that certain situations might present real-life concerns if they're ignored.

That said, let's clarify something. Which laws are we saying would apply to the situation?
Polish laws?
USA federal laws?
All laws from any jurisdiction of a person who connects to the game?

The USA (which is where the discussion appears to have centered so far) has a common law system, meaning that previous court cases are considered when deciding new cases. It's tempting to think you can quote some legal statute, but with a huge volume of often conflicting case law, it's never that simple.

Note: I know nothing of Polish law and am not a lawyer. Therefore, I don't act like one. I expect others to return the courtesy.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Darkwater.

1. You've been trolled
2. US law != world wide law (fortunately, because that whole jusrisdiction - from lawmakers over law enforcement to the court system - is simply insane)

In addition I would like to point out, that the common practice of female characters wearing indecent clothing in public and being allowed to speak to men not part of their family is in direct violation of Saudi-Arabian law. All server admins, developers and game masters, as well as everyone who witnesses these crimes taking place, will be sentenced to public flogging or death by stoning.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Kurtz
Peon
Peon

Post by Kurtz »

DarkWater wrote:
DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote: MrWho: I don't give a f**k what you are, you f***ing piece of s**t, don't call me a nerd or i'll f**k you a*s up.
MrWho: Stop playing adult games you motherf***ing crack head kid. I hope you burn in hell and get raped by 20 wild baboos.
TheMoron: Hey i will tell my mom
MrWho: get your b***h a*s mom, i'll f**k the sh*t out of her and make you a retarded sibling.
Ok, want to be 100% clear here. To say that material to a minor is a federal felony in the United States of America. It is typically punishable by 22 years in prison, and having to be registrar as a sex offender. It is considered child sexual psychosocial abuse.

Anyone that witness or knows about this act, including everyone that is reading this topic, is an accessory after the fact, and is guilty of that crime. If at any point, this behavior is allowed to be continued the servers that is running this game well be seized, and the gm's and admin's while be investigated for promoting child abuse.

I am not joking. Mr Who has committed a crime against a child and published that behavior online in the forums. If you, as the gm's and admins allow this behavior to continue, you will be civilly and legally responsible for that crime.

Anyone that has played this game for any period of time, knows that sexual abuse that is allowed in this game against minors. This abuse is illegal, and the willful acknowledgement and promotion of that behavior is 100% illegal and ill moral.

If you want to keep this game running you need to start banning anyone that treats a minor like that and you need to have a terms of service agreement that protects you, the gm's and admin's, from the legal and civil damages that occur from that behavior.

I have warning about this type of behavior 3 times now.
Uahuahuahuah :lol:
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Crush wrote:Darkwater.

1. You've been trolled
2. US law != world wide law (fortunately, because that whole jusrisdiction - from lawmakers over law enforcement to the court system - is simply insane)

In addition I would like to point out, that the common practice of female characters wearing indecent clothing in public and being allowed to speak to men not part of their family is in direct violation of Saudi-Arabian law. All server admins, developers and game masters, as well as everyone who witnesses these crimes taking place, will be sentenced to public flogging or death by stoning.
been awhile since I was stoned, I hope my employer doesn't mind.. and flogging is just......yummy.
sexy red bearded GM
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

DarkWater wrote:
DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote: MrWho: I don't give a f**k what you are, you f***ing piece of s**t, don't call me a nerd or i'll f**k you a*s up.
MrWho: Stop playing adult games you motherf***ing crack head kid. I hope you burn in hell and get raped by 20 wild baboos.
TheMoron: Hey i will tell my mom
MrWho: get your b***h a*s mom, i'll f**k the sh*t out of her and make you a retarded sibling.
Ok, want to be 100% clear here. To say that material to a minor is a federal felony in the United States of America. It is typically punishable by 22 years in prison, and having to be registrar as a sex offender. It is considered child sexual psychosocial abuse.

Anyone that witness or knows about this act, including everyone that is reading this topic, is an accessory after the fact, and is guilty of that crime. If at any point, this behavior is allowed to be continued the servers that is running this game well be seized, and the gm's and admin's while be investigated for promoting child abuse.

I am not joking. Mr Who has committed a crime against a child and published that behavior online in the forums. If you, as the gm's and admins allow this behavior to continue, you will be civilly and legally responsible for that crime.

Anyone that has played this game for any period of time, knows that sexual abuse that is allowed in this game against minors. This abuse is illegal, and the willful acknowledgement and promotion of that behavior is 100% illegal and ill moral.

If you want to keep this game running you need to start banning anyone that treats a minor like that and you need to have a terms of service agreement that protects you, the gm's and admin's, from the legal and civil damages that occur from that behavior.

I have warning about this type of behavior 3 times now.
This isnt the united states of america..its the internet. Your just trolling yourself =/ and as much as i love it its sad...
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Chicka-Maria wrote:Your just trolling yourself =/ and as much as i love it its sad...
Trolling means posting stuff you don't actually mean to provoke people to post an emotional reaction.

So how does one troll themself?

By posting something which is so ludicrous that you don't believe that you wrote it afterwards and try to dispute it?
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

By posting something which is so ludicrous that you don't believe that you wrote it afterwards and try to dispute it?
Self-trolling doesn't work that way, you idiot!
  • NOT a game master

DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Big Crunch wrote:Intarwebz...serious biznass :roll:
I am kind of shocked that you would find sexual harassment, sexual propitiating, and threatening to sexually abuse a woman and/or minor, as funny. I seriously doubt you would find it funny if it was your child being talked too. How is raping a woman until she is pregnant, remotely funny?

As for those that claim "no legal grounds". Do not take my word for it. Call your lawyers in Poland, tell them that you have people preying on minors on your server, sexually harassing, sexually propitiating, and threatening sexual abuse to minors/women. Tell them that you know about it, you are letting it continue, and even allowing one of your gm's to make fun about it.

You will learn two things about polish law. 1.) All of that is a crime in Poland. 2.) Your lawyer will be forced to call the police on you, because your conversation involves a crime against a minor. They will inform you of this, and say that you need to stop the behavior.

But hell, I really don't care.

But, when a grown adult says " I will f**k you a** up" to a child. It has gone too far. I have played this game, I have seen the sexual attacks that happen in this game. It is only a matter of time before someone in the media, puts you all on "to catch a predator".
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

DarkWater wrote:
I am kind of shocked that you would find sexual harassment, sexual propitiating, and threatening to sexually abuse a woman and/or minor, as funny. I seriously doubt you would find it funny if it was your child being talked too. How is raping a woman until she is pregnant, remotely funny?

As for those that claim "no legal grounds". Do not take my word for it. Call your lawyers in Poland, tell them that you have people preying on minors on your server, sexually harassing, sexually propitiating, and threatening sexual abuse to minors/women. Tell them that you know about it, you are letting it continue, and even allowing one of your gm's to make fun about it.

You will learn two things about polish law. 1.) All of that is a crime in Poland. 2.) Your lawyer will be forced to call the police on you, because your conversation involves a crime against a minor. They will inform you of this, and say that you need to stop the behavior.

But, when a grown adult says " I will f**k you a** up" to a child. It has gone too far. I have played this game, I have seen the sexual attacks that happen in this game. It is only a matter of time before someone in the media, puts you all on "to catch a predator".
I know Poland pretty well and I am 100% sure that these daily occurrences you mentioned are not crimes there.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

DarkWater wrote:

1. prove these conversations happen
2. prove these people are minors
3. prove these other people are not minors
4. prove GMs, admin, and devs were aware of alleged actions
5. prove this whole thing is a troll by MrWho that you bit into hook line and sinker.

Of the 5, number 5 is the most likely to be proven in any way.
sexy red bearded GM
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Big Crunch wrote: 1. prove these conversations happen
5. prove this whole thing is a troll by MrWho that you bit into hook line and sinker.

So raping a woman until she is pregnant is still funny for you?

Oh and the rest of your post, look at the OP. It is posted here, it happened.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

DarkWater wrote:
Big Crunch wrote: 1. prove these conversations happen

So raping a woman until she is pregnant is still funny for you?

Oh and the rest of your post, look at the OP. It is posted here, it happened.
ok rational arguments will not work here. Moving on.
sexy red bearded GM
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

DarkWater wrote:I seriously doubt you would find it funny if it was your child being talked too.
Can i just ask you how the hell you know its a child? lol it could be anyone behind the screen you dont know whats behind there your assuming. And if people dont want their kids being talked to like this maybe the kids shouldnt be on MMORPG's? theres trolls on every MMORPG and it will happen to a child whos not being monitored or taken off the game.
DarkWater wrote:How is raping a woman until she is pregnant, remotely funny?.
Cause im sure Mrwho can rape a woman through a computer screen? grow up.
DarkWater wrote:But hell, I really don't care.
Then why the hell are you still posting? GTFO
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.