[DIS] GM and DEV robes?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Should DEVs have a special robe like GMs? Do you prefer this new GM robe?

Yes and Yes
33%
Yes and No
3%
No and Yes
3%
No and No
62%

Total votes: 39
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [DIS] GM and DEV robes?

Post by mistergrey »

I really have to disagree here. I'd be the first to say some get a big ego about it, and use the cap as a status symbol to show off to some extent, but I also think people should get something for putting their time and effort into the game, especially when so many criticize constantly. I don't think a silly pixel cap is a big reward to begin with, so I don't see a reason for that to be removed.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Nard wrote:On an other side, developers and contributors could be rewarded with game items or gp.
That seems like a worse idea than a vanity hat.

... though I do recall that I have spent hours each week developing instead of grinding ...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

mistergrey wrote:I really have to disagree here. I'd be the first to say some get a big ego about it, and use the cap as a status symbol to show off to some extent, but I also think people should get something for putting their time and effort into the game, especially when so many criticize constantly. I don't think a silly pixel cap is a big reward to begin with, so I don't see a reason for that to be removed.
Agreed with this 100%
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:
Nard wrote:On an other side, developers and contributors could be rewarded with game items or gp.
That seems like a worse idea than a vanity hat.

... though I do recall that I have spent hours each week developing instead of grinding ...
I liked a lot Patyna's idea about rewarding trivia Forum contributors. I like the idea that players who contribute to have nice time in game could be rewarded just because of it too, whether they are simple players, GMs or developers.
Wasn't Platyna's dress made with this intention?
There are punishments for players who have a bad behaviour, why couldn't we have rewards for those who have a good one?
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

The dress I wear was AFAIK made for Aethyra, and then a suggestion was posted to release it in TMW asap, then I asked to make me a recoloured version in a different shade of red.

We have to discuss this issue more, as it can become one of trivia items that were proposed.

I can't recall that I ever had the idea to reward people with in game items for not in game activities (besides statless items like dev hat, that AFAIK, is in game). However I had the idea of items that are only available in trivia, as this is why trivia has been made - to give players the chance to win items that are no longer available in game.

Regards.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Platyna wrote:I can't recall that I ever had the idea to reward people with in game items for not in game activities
I share this idea with some players and other open source mmorpgs have it as a rule. I just suggest you (GHP) could adopt it.
Platyna wrote:(besides statless items like dev hat, that AFAIK, is in game).
IMO dev cap is not a reward but a work tool. Dev cap use has to be reserved to devs on duty.
Platyna wrote:However I had the idea of items that are only available in trivia, as this is why trivia has been made - to give players the chance to win items that are no longer available in game.
Thank you for this one :)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

No and No. I would prefer white backpack with gear icon on it.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

I also do think that a DEV cap is more than enough. Plus the fact that people usually accept to discuss to technical game questions, without even the need to be a dev at all.
(Just the fact of being polite suffices :wink: ).

My two cents. :)

Have a nice day all.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Bertram wrote:I also do think that a DEV cap is more than enough. Plus the fact that people usually accept to discuss to technical game questions, without even the need to be a dev at all.
+1
Accurate as always :)