TMW on ipod touch

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: TMW on ipod touch

Post by AnonDuck »

I messed around a bit porting TMW to Android(Well, really just Linux/ARM with a funny SDL..). My experience was that TMW just chewed way too much CPU, and would kill my battery in literally tens of minutes.

SDL just isn't all that efficient, especially the way TMW uses it. Completely disabling alpha blending helps a bit. I hope your PSP port turns out better - at least it has a bigger battery. Maybe you could get opengl working? I'm sure it's GPU is probably pretty power efficient..
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Treggar
Peon
Peon

Post by Treggar »

The PSP SDL port is just a layer on the sceGu library that uses the gpu anyway. I have opengl support disabled at the moment because the less variables introduced into the port the better... once I get it fully functional I may work on adding GL.
Treggar
Peon
Peon

Post by Treggar »

Getting there. :D

garretraziel
Newly Registered User

Post by garretraziel »

And what about TMW on symbian? Symbian is open, is in C++ and has SDL ported (I know it, I am going to port one of my applications into symbian).
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

Works nice under Maemo on the N900.
The black rectangle removes NSFW language & gets the file under this forum's 256K file size limit.
The black rectangle removes NSFW language & gets the file under this forum's 256K file size limit.
Screenshot-20100527-044702ysfw.png (252.03 KiB) Viewed 612 times
(ty for this port Thorbjorn)