TMW JAIL

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Re: TMW JAIL

Post by DarkWater »

Lord of the Flies wrote: Instead of sending someone to jail for x hour(s) make it so they have to do some tedious task to get out.
How about this, they have to contribute to themanaworld to get out. IE fix the wiki or something.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

IMO, I think the main issue with a "jail" is that this would allow players to trade items to alts.

Part of banning is the punishment of loosing all your items.

What might be more reasonable is a map that is "bot friendly" in which people can run their bots all day but never escape.

Actually... this might solve all our problems... People who want to bot can bot... and people who are sick of bots will never see them. In fact it would be like they were in a parallel universe.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

Kage wrote:IMO, I think the main issue with a "jail" is that this would allow players to trade items to alts.

Part of banning is the punishment of loosing all your items.

What might be more reasonable is a map that is "bot friendly" in which people can run their bots all day but never escape.

Actually... this might solve all our problems... People who want to bot can bot... and people who are sick of bots will never see them. In fact it would be like they were in a parallel universe.
What if you just make the server take away your trade skill level when you are 'jailed'?
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Kage wrote: Part of banning is the punishment of loosing all your items.
That's not true. Since taking away all items except for quest items is too complicated.
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

@ katze: a black screen is not interesting. you can make a picture with your char on a black backround in gimp, photoshop, etc. ...

The idea with the quest to get out is good.

Or make it a big big maze. you are being warped to a random point and have to get out. pvp enabled, some "maze monsters" that you can not kill but it can hit you. ... something like that...
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

@Leela
If you made a maze/quest for people that should be banned/punished then that brings us back to the issue of people wanting to be punished just to see what the quest is like. Which is why it's just preferable to create a jail that is non-interactive to the jail-ee and can be visited (for a fee) by everyone to point and laugh.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

The quest idea is nice, but it will result in the same punishment for everyone however severe the rule breaking was. That's not very wise, imo. I'd like to keep it simple and a bit more real.

Disable things like trading, whispering (,maybe any chatting), magic on the map.
Enable PvP (or not).
Take a high charge for visiting the prison for about a minute.
Make it possible to give time-outs for the imprisoned.
Getafix
Novice
Novice

Post by Getafix »

DarkWater wrote:Just a bad idea.
Criticizing everything does not make you intelligent. Just pointing out that you won't be able to make deals in the future, won't EVER get married, you will criticize the thought of making babies, you will criticize the thought of making a million dollar deal (hard for you to get). Then you will become poorer and poorer and then I might someday drop a penny in your "plz2give$" jar. :)

Warm regards,
Getafix
Sometimes, it is better to forgive your foes, this annoys them the most.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

Matt wrote:I think we had the kind of topic already.

The conclusion was that we aren't a childfriendly internet site and that we never were - it's your fault if you let your brother, who is young enough to be scared by that sort of thing, surf the internet uncontrolled.

See:

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... t=children
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... r+children

We are not responsible for raising your children, young brothers, sisters, whatevers.

edit: And I guess this forums contain 1000s of post with content inappropriate for children, but this project was started by adults for adults, so I guess there is nothing you can do about it - and you would have to delete big parts of this forum - just educate your children or watch them on what sites they surf on.

You ignorant americans! :p
yeah, kids play this game. parents should be more aware about what they allow their children to view/play.
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

yourmistakes wrote: yeah, kids play this game. parents should be more aware about what they allow their children to view/play.
+1 :roll:

But I don't think children would be affected in a bad way by the fact that they are being sent to prison. I think it's a much worse punishment for children if they are banned from the game and can't play it at all any more. If they get imprisoned, they know what happened and can understand the punishment much better. It will be their char which gets punished. So they'll maybe learn that their char needs to behave in game. If they get banned, it's like a REAL punishment from their parents. Children learn from playing and from games and their rules and they can accept strict rules much better connected to game play than REAL rules and REAL punishments.

:P